Appium is an Open Source tool for testing native or hybrid mobile apps. It uses WebDriver JSON Wire protocol to drive both iOS and Android apps.
Why this book ?
There is a decent documentation on the Appium site but somewhere it lacked to produce a step by step guide, which would help you get rolling from scratch. There are bits and pieces which are fairly technical in nature and dev centric.
This book is an effort in the direction of consolidating all the knowledge and resources around appium. It will help software developers and testers successfully use Appium to automate the Android application.
This book will take you through the journey of understanding appium. It would also help you understand how the different pieces come together to build a test automation framework for Android App testing.
Book also contains lot of code snippets which will help you in your daily automation stuff to get you started with Appium and Java.
What I will learn from this book ?
By the end of this book, you would be knowing
- How to install and set up Appium
- How to configure device or Emulator via Desired Capabilities
- How to write your first appium test in Java
- How to find locators using UIAutomatorViewer and Appium Inspector
- How to debug hybrid android app via Chrome browser
- How to execute appium test on real Android devices
- How to automate gestures like tap, touch etc...
- How to run multiple appium server for parallel execution
- How to run appium test on GenyMotion Emulator
This book also contains a git link to an android project which could be ported for any other android application automation with basic alteration.
This is a java project which has been created using IntelliJ IDea Community Edition. POM File manages the dependency of Selenium. Project is using TestNG annotation. We have also bundled the respective android mobile application under the apps folder for ease.
Want us to help you with Mobile Test Automation
solution to startups and enterprise.
Please visit TestVagrant site to request for free POC.
Queries regarding Appium
In case of any doubts and clarifications about Appium feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org